Saturday 24 May 2014

An Interesting JAMB CBT Experience - A must read for all

I took my CBT examination at the Digital Bridge Institute, Utako, Abuja.

My exam was slated for 12:00pm, but I was there before 10:30am, with the intention of covering extra topics before we'd be called upon to sit for the exam.
I went with a Chemistry textbook, The Potter's Wheel novel, my jotter, my laptop, and my modem.
I could only use my jotter, laptop and modem to study before we were called on.

When I got there, I got a plastic chair and sat alone under the shade of a tree, plugged in my modem, and immediately googled a topic that has been bugging me: semi-conductors (I was glad I did this, as a question was set from this area, which I answered without much ado).
Well to sum it all up, I set my alarm for 11:30 and when it went off, packed my stuff and stashed it away at a secure location.
When I got back to the venue, it was already few minutes past twelve (I wrongly approximated an average of 15 minutes trekking to and from the location I kept my bag).

When it finally got to my turn to thumbprint, my thumb refused to cooperate, and I was asked to call out my Reg. No. and stand aside. After every other person in the queue was checked in, I (together with some other people in my predicament) was called again to
thumbprint.
This time, it was an effortless attempt. I was painted with a permanent marker for complete 3 seconds (on my thumb) and asked to go in.

When I got to my seat, I collected the rough work sheet/leaflet and proceeded to fill all the pages. This was necessary as I am always too engrossed with any exam after I begin, to have time for filling in details.

Next, I typed in my Registration no. (or was that Examination no.?) and clicked "Login".
Then it began.


EXAMINATION
One word of advice.
If you are comfortable with a keyboard (and right-handed), just place your four left fingers, except the thumb, on the "asdf" keys (you know what I mean) and place your mouse cursor on the "Next" button. From there, whenever you find the answer to a question, just use the correct left finger to press it, and then click next. That's the best I can explain that, except practically.


ENGLISH
The first 10 questions or so were from "The Potter's Wheel", which I covered before I could catch my breath. Some of them were:

* Obu displayed unrehearsed acrobatics across the bahama lawn because...
* "You want...Zacheaus? Hers was....incredulity. The sentence on page was repeated and we were asked for a replacement for incredulity.
* Obu differed with his father on...
* Obu's mother did not want to wake him up because...
* Everybody in the house except....Silence never ... From this Silence is seen as...

Besides the above, there was a cloze test; two comprehension passages; identification of word strees, concentrating mainly on the words ending with "ate" (which are usually stressed on the ante-penultimate syllable); word rhyme; deduction of the meaning of a sentence, etc...
In short, you don't need to be an A+ student in English language to pass this one, all you need is your best performance.


MATH
If you haven't done so, make sure you understand how to solve problems on partial and joint variation, differentiation and integration (there were only two from each of these topics), circle geometry, areas and perimeters of plane shapes, circles, and complex shapes; you also have to know how to solve problems in bases, logarithm and indices, trigonometry.
Some questions:
* If sinx=5/13, find cosecx.
* Find dy/dx if x=....
* Solve *integral*(pi/2)(0)cosxdx.
* Find the length of an arc of....
* If wxyz(base t) = uy(base 10) solve for y.



CHEMISTRY
The first few questions wanted to prove to be time eaters, but I skipped them and continued with the rest of the exam, came back for them later and tidied up.
Questions like the following were set:
* What would happen to the reaction below if ... is removed?
* The general formula for homologous series of the alkanes is (the dumbest question there)...
* What volume of NaOH is produced when ...g of ...mol/dm3 of ... is reacted with...
* The two compounds above represent an alka... and an alk...
* What do you get when you burn ... in excess of ...?
* From the curves above, the substance with the least solubility is...

Some other questions came from water, metals, organic chemistry 2 (sometin-toses)...



PHYSICS
My first question I remember vividly, it reads:
* If a ...mH inductor is connected to a circuit with frequency of ...Hz and a resistor of ...ohm. calculate the current flowing through the circuit if the voltage flowing through it is ...V.

More questions:
* An object of mass 50kg falls from a height of 100m. Calculate the energy of the body. (g=10m/s2) My people, I use mgh tire! I got 5000J, but all I could see there were 5, 5000 and some other values like that.
* For an object to be the equilibrant of two forces, it ....

Some more questions were set from light and sound waves, electromagnetic waves, subtraction of light, etc.


Just read, and I hope and pray that God crowns your efforts with success.

For your info, what I'm doing is not malpractice. If you think it is, then you must also think that PPT candidates did the same.
By the way, when I came out of the exam hall, for the first time, I could see no other person in my minds eye but myself and God's love and grace.
Hallelujah!


SO, GO OUT THERE AND MAKE THIS YOUR LAST TIME.
WHAT AN EPISODE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button above, just look up you will see it, use it to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.

WE LOVE COMMENTS...

Make use of the comment box below to tell us what you think about the update you just read now.
Promoting Education In Nigeria...


Contact Nigeria Education Updates On:

enyinnayaemma@gmail.com

+234( 08063141927 )

Read Our Online Newspaper Website, Visit: www.mynationnews.com

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READ THE FAMOUS NOVELS

ADVERTISEMENT